Sunday, May 10, 2009

Scrapbooking Memories Challenge

Recently I was asked by SM to prepare a layout and card for their recent Xyron Challenge. Now seen in this months edition Volume 11 no. 3. For this challenge I chose to cut thin strips of cardstock and run them through the machine together to save on tape. I then placed them at different angles and criss crossed them when they overlapped. With a bit of fussy cutting I cut some flower patterns from paper. They've been machine sewn on the paper over the stems and used foam dots to raise the flower petals. This photo is of my beautiful Great Niece Emma. What a sweet sole she has.



By swiping some paint around the edges of ghost letters they define themselves against the layout.


By adding some machine stitching to the cardstock it helps to add details without much effort. Again I have machine stitched the stems and raised the flowers with foam dots.








No comments:

Post a Comment