Saturday, March 28, 2009

We Dare You Challenge

This week the Scrappit DT were required to come up with a theme on 'Regrets'. Umm now what to be regretful about. Fortunately I suppose I don't have many if any regrets. Until, I remembered having grown up without my numerous relatives including my Maternal Grandparents. My memory of them only comes from two visits with them, one when they came to Australia to visit back in the 70's and the other when Mum, Dad and I went to surprise them in England on their 50th Wedding Anniversary.


Nan would give you these warm and extremely bosom squeezing hugs. Grandad would recite miles upon miles of his journaling over the years. He even came to Australia to give me away on my Wedding Day as my own father had passed away.


I do envy anyone who is exposed to extended family through Cousins, Aunts and Uncles and more importantly Grandparents. No one loves you quite like a Grandparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment