Saturday, March 7, 2009

Scrapapple February Project

My first project for Scrapapple http://www.scrapapple.com.au/ and I was given a Crate Paper Memory Tin to decorate in the lovely Baby Bee Collection.

When my DD was born some 12 years ago I decided to start collecting a series of charms to go on a charm bracelet for her 21st Birthday. These couldn't be just any charms but ones that related in some way of her life in the past year. For example, one year I purchased a Moon to resemble the struggle she had with the dark, another year was a Teddy Bear to relate to the numerous DB's she has had over the years. So with this in mind I decided to make the most of my opportunity and create this Memory Tin for her 21st gift.

I began by measuring the pattered paper for the cylinder. It's best to work on this before it is adhered to the cylinder. NB you will have to take into account the curves of the tin ie flat items will want to bend once this is adhered.

The flowers were cut using a Sizzix die cut on my Cuttlebug. I chose to duplicate some of the patterned paper flower die cuts with black card stock. This, when placed behind the flowers gives the impression of silhouetting. I centred some of the flowers with the buttons and some with groups of pearls. To ensure these 'stayed put' I used Glossy Accents between the pearls.


I used a Daisy Bucket rub on over a Maya Road Sheer Collection tag. I actually made a bit of a mess on one edge of the rub on, however to cover this I added more flower rub ons to the tag. Although I ran the tag through my Xyron machine before adhering I knew this wasn't going to be strong enough to hold so I added a few brads on either side for extra strength.


I decided to type my journaling on different coloured paper to explain the details of what is in the tin and what the items I have been collecting actually represent. To complete the design of the tin after adhering the paper block, I added glitter alphas, stamped leaves and a self made scalloped edge to the bottom of the tin. A little ribbon details compliments this edge.


With a little detail on the top of the tin using a 7 Gypsies knob and my Memory Tin is complete. Here's hoping my DD will enjoy opening her gift on her 21st Birthday and remember that this gift started the day she was born.

Here's till next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment