Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scrappit Pack - June

Time for another Scrappit Pack and these double sided papers from Fancy Pants are just so versatile. I have used nearly all of the patterned from the papers including my journaling which has been raised using foam tape.



I have used a similar technique as before and hand cut extra leaves from the pattered paper, folded them in half and glued the centre to the background paper. This give the leaves a 3D effect. I have also trimmed a couple of flower centres from the patterned paper and used a pop dot to place them over the original design.

I love to machine or hand stitch on my layouts and here I have used a combination of both. Matching my thread to the paper, I have hand stitched on the green and orange paper then machine stitched the blue design.

I wanted to use every colour of paper on my layout and decided to add a strip of blue paper inside the orange on the bottom of my layout. I also wanted to ensure both scrolls on either side were on the page. My answer; fold the paper in segments until you have the right width for the area you want to use. Perfect and this also adds a bit of extra zing.

To highlight the stems of the flowers, I've used a small piece of the ric rac and adhered with thin tape.








No comments:

Post a Comment