Thursday, August 12, 2010

Scrapapple August Project

Now this August pack from Scrapapple was a doosy. With two new ranges from Kaisercraft + rubons + clear stamps, I certainly had a huge range to choose from.

This layout would have to be one of my all time favourites and I just love the idea of using repeated photos in a small size on a layout. The papers from the Hippy Girl Collection were so much fun to use and the ideas were just popping from my head.

From the images below you can see I fussy cut quite a few flowers from the specialty paper and used these to pop from the page with layering of chipboard behind them. I really do prefer this to pop dots as it helps to keep the item from squashing when you put the layout in your album.



With so many left overs I created a couple of simple cards. On the first card I used the last of the fussy cut flowers and layered these on the bottom of my card. To add a little extra I did a couple rows of simple stitching and finished off with a rub on and a die cut butterfly.

The second collection was the Secret Bird Society paper range. Again I like to start by layering my papers but to add to the vintage feel I distressed the papers edges and machine stitched them to my layout. A paper doily was used in the background and with some journaling on tags and a few rubons, my layout was complete.



To complete my pack I created a couple of cards. One for my husband for fathers day and the other for a simple message to a good friend. You have to remember that simple cards can be just as effective as a more intricate design.







No comments:

Post a Comment