Saturday, January 30, 2010

Calendar Cards

With Katelyn turning the big 13 on Monday, I set about creating a card for her this morning. My inspiration came from a card made by the lovely Agnus Kasprzak in a recent SM magazine. I just loved the way she had used a die cut tag with ribbon and added a whimsy touch with some leaves behind her flower.

With a bit of a modification to her design I created a square card, used a chipboard flourish and in place of the die cut tag I replaced this with a die cut calendar. I used a small jewel to circle the date of Kate's birthday and finished off with chipboard numbers and a Prima flower. I would have to say this is one of the prettiest cards I've ever made.

Thanks for the inspiration Agnus.


With the theme already arranged for Kate's card, I set about making another for my niece for September and my Mother who's birthday is in February also. By changing the base card shape and colour, the whole card looks that little different but still has the same principles as the other two cards.








No comments:

Post a Comment