Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March Scrappit Now Kit

This months Scrappit Now Kit was an interesting mix of Cosmo Cricket papers and Die Cuts with Clear Cut Frames from Little Yellow Bicycle, bling and rubons from Basic Grey and finally some very interesting Adhesive flowers from JudiKins.

Every kit starts with a layout and for this one I chose a photo of my DH & DS#1. They have so much in common that the 'Two Peas In A Pod' phrase was perfect as part of my title. The layout is quite simple in it's design with some added hand and machine stitching to highlight areas.



I am such a fan of every thing notepadish. These little note holders from Office Works were ideal for a quick and easy project as they already had a white glossy cover which shortened my workload by just adding pretty papers and some die cut stickers.




My second layout was a sketch page and again this design is quite simple. I used the balance of the Clear Cut Frames to create a grouped frame behind my photo.

To complete my pack I chose to make some bookmarks with the 'left overs'. If you look closely on the green bookmark you will see I used the adhesive flowers. By gently rubbing the flower on the paper the transfer was complete. This leaves a sticky surface to cover with glitter, embossing powder or chalk.
I used one of my Ranger Distress embossing powders in green and this gave it a nice tone on tone appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment