Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Cruise

Just a brief description of our cruise to the South Pacific for Christmas. If I could use the analogy of pregnancy.... need to forget what it was like to try it a second time.


We were so excited to leave on THE day and even the numerous amount of queues didn't deter me from enjoying this experience. We all prayed the travel sickness tablets would suffice for all but alas we had a very rough night the first night into our cruise and with Kate having to have an injection to stop the vomiting and me on tablets we made it through the next day.

Three days into the cruise I felt a bit funny and then the onset of a gastro bug hit the ship in plague proportions. I ended up being confined to the cabin for 3 1/2 days and missed three ports which really peeved me considering others with the bug were freely walking around transferring the virus to others. I was released on Christmas Eve thankfully and absolutely enjoyed myself. Downside to being on a cruise ship was never seeing the kids that night as they all went their separate ways. By 10.00 am we woke them to share the few pressies we took on board, two came over, one too sick (self inflicted alcohol intake) and one not wanting any pictures taken. Umm,..... I think we were closer when we have Christmas at home.

Boxing Day was much better and from there on as long as I had strong tablets to take, I coped with the constant movement.

Food great, facilities pretty good, entertainment fantastic and would I do it again....you bet ya.

Now, to just get this house to stop rocking would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment