Sunday, June 27, 2010

Writing helps

Sometimes when the world just seems to be getting on top of me, I type. Yes that's the answer for me, typing. For someone who loathed English with a passion at school, here I am writing to express my feelings. Here's a small extract from this weekend. I'm sitting and dwelling in sorrow during my grumpiness and thought it best to put everything in writing. It really does seem to clear my head and get me thinking more clearly.


Well, what can I say, I've had another one of those days. Umm, come to think of it, I've had one of those months. I just can't seem to do anything right in the eyes of my daughter. I know, you'll say, but she's a teenager, no one is supposed to do anything right.

I decided to take a few days of work to spend with her during the first week of her school holidays. On Wednesday afternoon I booked her in for her hair appointment. Some $150 odd dollars later and she was all smiles and thankfulness. Until, I asked to take some photos of her. Selfish I know but I didn't think that was going to be the end of the world and at least she would have a record of her new style.

Even after explaining how I felt, she still didn't let me take a single photo. Well that ends my Wednesday. Feeling so used but she got what she wanted.....

I wouldn't give you the whole detail as it really is something for me and no one else but suffice to say, there is substantially more in my rantings. For the sake of my family it's best to keep the nitty gritty to myself.....I'm sure you'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment