Sunday, September 6, 2009

My week in Review

My god I don't think I wouldn't want to go through another week like this one. Both Pete and I were on a high coming back from a weeks holiday to Tassie. This was the first, of many I hope, holidays by ourselves and it was great. It did turn out to be the wettest August for 103 yrs in Tassie but it was still a fantastic experience.

Within a couple of hours of being at work Pete got notified that his job had been made redundant but they had found another role for him in another depot. He had only one day to finish his existing role before moving on. At least he was lucky enough to be offered this job.

By Wednesday Christopher had been told there definitely wouldn't be a job for him past Xmas. What a shock as he'd be there nearly 6 years. I suppose this will give him the push to start something new. Fingers crossed that he will find something that he will enjoy doing.

This comes as double a shock as we all work for the same Company but in different division. I know this is happening to so many people but you never seem to think it's going to happen to you. This was a big wake up call to having a backup plan in case this happens again.

Did I mention that we wish we were retired already so we don't have to think about this anymore. I know I'm dreaming again but there has got to be an end soon.......


No comments:

Post a Comment